We value the privacy of users, subscribers, publishers, members, and others who visit and use the VEMO Live Services (collectively or individually, "you" or "users") and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you.
You may share personal information when using the VEMO Live Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the VEMO Live account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the VEMO Live Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you broadcast content, post profile information, follow a channel, or subscribe to a broadcast channel. Given the social nature of some of the VEMO Live Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the VEMO Live Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who created a particular Clip or the subscription status of users for a given channel. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the VEMO Live Services.
VEMO MEDIA Pte. Ltd.
1 Raffles Place, #40-02 One Raffles Place, Singapore (048616)
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact [email protected].
Table of content
What Information Do We Collect
How We Use Your Information
How We Share Your Information
International Data Transfers
Links to Other Websites or Application
Retention of Your information
Governing law and dispute resolution
What Information Do We Collect
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the VEMO Live Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the VEMO Live Services to you.
ii.Automatically Collected Information for Legitimate Interests
You consent to provide some or all of the following Personal Information when you create an account on the App or use VEMO Live Services, such as uploading contents on the App or contact us for technical support:
- • Registration information, such as your date of birth, phone number (or email, if applicable), password, user identifier and language;
- • Profile information, such as your alias, profile images, gender, hometown, self-introduction, social media information, education, and career;
- • User-generated contents (“UGC”), such as comments, texts, messages, pictures, images, videos, sounds, code or other data or materials that you upload, distribute or stream on the App when you use VEMO Live Services;
- • Facial data, such as when you use some features provided by us to create special effects or emojis for your streaming section or pictures that you uploaded on VEMO Live Services, but such data will only be processed offline to fulfill the special effects or emojis and we will not use it for other purposes unless we have obtained your explicit consent or turn this into de-identified data; further, we will not use your facial data for marketing or advertising, nor will we share such data with any third party;
- • Payment information, such as bank account number, Paypal or other payment information where required for payment;
- • Transaction information such as the transaction serial number and transaction historical records after you purchased Paid Services;
- • Your social network contacts with your permission, when you activate the “Discover Friends” function and allow us to access your contacts;
- • Your Global Positioning System (GPS) information, after you permit us to do so but you may change the access to your GPS information via the settings on your mobile device;
- • Your opt-in choices and correspondence with us, such as information used to verify with your account or to resolve your feedback or complaints; and
- • Information you provide when participating in in-app surveys and activities.
- • Information you provide from social media when you create a VEMO Live account by connecting with a third-party social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, or if you link a VEMO Live account with a third-party social media account;
Automatically Collected Information for Legitimate Interests
We may collect some or all of the following Personal Information about you when you use VEMO Live Services for legitimate interests:
- • Network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, the videos or pages you visited, the date and time of your visits, other users’ accounts that you subscribed to, and information regarding your interaction with other users;
- • Device identifiers, such as your operating system, browser type, brand, model and serial number of your mobile device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile carrier, screen resolution, language setting, IMEI number, IMSI number, and media access control address;
- • Information regarding your access to and use of other apps;
- • Other location information, such as the information based on your SIM card;
- • Mobile advertising identifiers, which are used by mobile operating systems and made available to advertising providers to gather metrics on mobile apps (Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID) to help us and advertisers provide ads that may be more relevant to your interests;
- • Metadata, associating with the UGC you provided us, which describes other data and provides information about how, when, and by whom the piece of UGC was collected and how that UGC was formatted, such as hashtags used to label the keywords to the video and captions; and
- • Cookies, small pieces of data to enable us to provide certain features, which are collected by us or our business partners to measure and understand the web pages you click on and how you use VEMO Live Services, enhance your experience using VEMO Live Services.
We may also collect, use and share your information to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature, to generate statistics about our users, to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature, or to calculate ad impressions served or clicked on.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your Personal Information when the applicable laws allow us to do so. In general, we use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- • Provision of services: to present VEMO Live Services and its contents to you, including any interactive features on VEMO Live Services, and to provide you with information, products or services that you allow us to; we also collect and use Personal Information to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotion activities and sweepstakes;
- • Improvement of services: to improve and personalize our services by presenting new services, information, recommendations, and feedback;
- • Customer management: to manage a registered user’s account, to provide customer support and notices to the registered user about his account or subscription, and notices about changes to VEMO Live Services or any other product or service we offer or provide through it;
- • Communication: to communicate and interact with you directly, for an example, we may send notifications regarding upcoming changes, promotion activities or improvements on VEMO Live Services;
- • Content review: to review pictures, images and contents posted or generated on VEMO Live Services to ensure that we comply with any applicable content regulations in any relevant jurisdiction;
- • Customization of content: to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in contents, products, advertising, or services available on VEMO Live Services in order to develop and display content tailored to your interests on our Website and App;
- • Performance Analysis: to determine whether users of VEMO Live Services are unique, or whether the same user is using VEMO Live Services on multiple occasions, and to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, number of videos viewed, demographic patterns;
- • Functionality and security: to identify users not meeting the age limit, to diagnose or fix technology problems, and to detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- • Aggregation: to aggregate information we collect about you to which one or more purposes described above.
You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you.
How We Share Your Information
- • Please note that if your profile is public, your content will be visible to anyone on the Platform and may also be accessed or shared by your friends and followers as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites. You can change who can see a video or a picture each time you upload a video
- • We may also share your information with other members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group, to improve, optimize the Platform and to prevent illegal use.
- • We may share your Personal Information outside of VEMO Live Services when we have your consent, either express or implied.
- • We may disclose your Personal Information to members of our corporate group (that is, entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us) to the extent this is necessary for services, customer management, customization of content, advertising, analytics, verifications, functionality and security, and compliance.
- • We may disclose your Personal Information to our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, customization of content, analytics, security, map navigation, data storage and cloud services, supporting our functionality, and other features offered through VEMO Live Services. These service providers may have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. However, if you connect to a third-party service through VEMO Live Services or otherwise links your VEMO Live account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf with such third party. We may also send information about the content that you watched or your activities on VEMO Live Services to such third party in order to upgrade your experience on VEMO Live Services.
- • We may disclose aggregated information about our users. We also may share aggregated information with third parties for conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any Personal Information and may be used to develop content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest.
International Data Transfers
By using VEMO Live Services you consent to the transfer of information that we collect about you, including Personal Information, to any country in which we, members of our corporate group (that is, entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us) or our service providers are located.
Links to Other Websites or Applications
Messaging and Notification
Third Party Login & Share
We take appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access Personal Information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of certain your Personal Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of your Personal Information. You should use caution whenever submitting information through VEMO Live Services and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
You can at any time request to opt out from allowing us to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
You can switch off GPS location, Microphone, Camera or other similar functions on your mobile device if you do not wish to share them. You can also hide your location, videos uploaded, recent active time and other information by adjusting “Privacy” setting.
You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of VEMO Live Services because such information may be required for you to register as a user, purchase Paid Services, participate in a promotion, survey, sweepstakes or make complaints.
You can change the mobile advertising identifiers in your mobile device or limit advertising tracking through your mobile device’s privacy settings. For more information on how to change the advertising identifier privacy settings on your device, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice or http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
You can make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by editing your profile in the App.
To the extent that the relevant laws, rules and regulations on data privacy recognize your rights and freedoms as data subjects, you shall have the right to information object, access, rectification, erasure or blocking, lodge complaints before the NPC, damages and data portability. Before we can respond to a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you may be required to verify your identity or your account details.
You may withdraw your consent to VEMO Live's disclosure of personal data to third parties. Upon your request, we will stop displaying, publishing, transmitting, disseminating, and/or opening the access to your personal data to third parties. Please note that by withdrawing your consent to the disclosure and/or collection of your personal data, we may not be able to fulfill your requests and you may not be able to use some of VEMO Live features and functionality.
You may request VEMO Live to erase your personal data that we have collected on our server. Please note that by requesting us to erase your personal data, you may not be able to use some of VEMO Live features and functionality.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact [email protected]
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years-of-age. If we learn that Personal Information of persons under 18 has been collected on or through the VEMO Live Services, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you believe that we have inappropriately collected Personal Information from a Young User, please contact us at [email protected]
Retention of Your information
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.